Our puppy preschool classes are specifically designed for puppies aged from 8 weeks to 18 weeks of all breeds. Here, we will help teach good manners and some basic obedience commands and give your puppy a chance to socialize with other dogs. At this age, the young canine mind is like a sponge and everything you teach them will be remembered for the rest of their lives. Puppies that miss out on these valuable experiences may go through life with a fearful and aggressive attitude towards other dogs or people.
- Bookings are required for each course.
- All puppies must have received their first vaccination (puppies enrolled in class must still receive their 12wk and 16wk injection when it is due).
- Puppies must be on suitable heartworm, intestinal worm and flea prevention for health reasons.
- Please inform the instructor of any health concerns your puppy may have before class.
- We do not condone physical punishment for puppies.
- Puppies must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Children under 12 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
How do we train our puppies?
We train by positive reinforcement, which is simply rewarding the dog with something he or she desires (yummy treats) when he or she behaves appropriately or completes the task that is asked of him or her.
How do I book my puppy for classes?
To book your puppy for preschool, contact
Sheree at either of our locations. You may also speak to one of our friendly staff members if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns.